ALERT!!: My othe site called "Motorcycle Picture Of The Day" has MOVED!

Alert, My other site is now known as MOTORCYCLE PHOTO OF THE DAY and is now hosted on Wordpress. If you have questions about the new site please e-mail me at MCPOYD@gmail.com

Please make a note of it and take a minute to check us out.




Saturday, December 27, 2008

FYI Motorcyclist Retro!

A letter from Mitch Bohem of the recently discontinued Motorcyclist Retro that was posted on the Kawasaki Triples board. He writes:

Guys and gals

Thanks so much for the kind words. Yeah, I was bummed when they put it on ice. It was doing really well. Sold nearly 25K right out of the gate (issue one). We're waiting for issue 2 #s, but they're gonna be as good or better.

But now I have an opportunity to do the same concept myself, privately, and I'm going to do it. My plan is to sell single copies and subs directly to readers via my website (info coming soon), and also through selected bike shops around the country. Try looking at The Surfers Journal, the mag and the website. That's their biz model, and it works great.

So what I need is for this entire board to not only send me their email addresses (mcretro@cox.net) so I can tell you when issue one will be available, but to talk up the magazine here and tell folks to subscribe when the time comes - this coming spring. That sort of promo will be the difference between make or break.

Anyway, hope all of you had a great Christmas, and that you're either riding or wrenching on them smokin' triples.

Best regards,

Mitch
Motorcycle Retro
www.motorcycleretro.com
mcretro@cox.net

No comments: